SexPosFemme Journal

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Bullshit from Black Women's Health



An article from Black Women's Health entitled Sex or Intimacy: Which Do You Desire? reads: "Unlike their male partners, women are emotional beings who show their affection by touching and also by verbal expression, and they like those same kinds of feelings affirmed and reciprocated. The media recognizes that women are visual and need reaffirmation, so as a result, they capitalize on their need and deceive many of them with shows that view women as being content and satisfied by fulfilling their need for intimacy with sexual intercourse. This depiction is far from the truth. Women want to feel connected to their partners emotionally and spiritually. Once they have established the oneness, the intimate act of sexual intercourse then becomes fulfilling, but without the intimacy, sex then becomes an act that brings both parties close physically, but not mentally. Which do you really desire?"

These types of mythical views in society is probably the reason why black women are being infected with AIDS more than any other demographic bracket of American women. The Down Low hysteria isn't baffling enough and the austere churchy image isn't spurious enough. Now we have to reaffirm sexual double standards, stereotype women and men, alienate the lesbigay community, and erase the identities of the transgendered. Do these images of women run parallel to the statistics about sexual transmitted disease? Or do these images merely run parallel to social standards and taboos that make awareness, concern, safety, prevention, and treatment that much more arduous?

AIDS: 1 Black Women: Zip

3 Comments:

  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Health Blogger said…

    Hi,
    While I was searching through Blogger I came past your site, it is not really the information I was after about Womans Health but I did stay to read your blog and found it interesting and well done. Keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit again sometime and also find the information on Womans Health that I was looking for in my travels.
    Regards,Regards,

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Dark Daughta said…

    Who tah FUCK ARE you? This shit is fucking exciting! I got confused and thought I was reading some sort of long lost twin separated at birth. You're not Barbadian are you?

    Okay, calm, I'm gushing.

    Wanna exchange blog links? My blog is called One Tenacious Baby Mama (http://darkdaughta.blogspot.com/).

    Even if you're not interested, thanks for giving me a good swift kick when I needed it most.

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger xinag zhong said…

    Who tah Bonk ARE Cheapest wow goldyou? This kind of shit will be fucking interesting! I managed to get confused and assumed I was studying some sort of most loved double segregated on beginning.Buy rs gold You just aren't Barbadian are you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home